Telemarketer Call Screening
Take control over unwanted calls with Telemarketer Call Screening. This service blocks unwanted calls and at the same time learns who your friends are so that their calls complete without interference.
When a call comes in from an unknown long distance number, the caller hears the announcement:
“The number you have reached does not accept calls from Telemarketers. If you are a Telemarketer, please add this number to your Do Not Call list and hang up now. Otherwise, please press ‘1’ or stay on the line.”
- The majority of telemarketers use predictive dialers and automatically disconnect during the announcement without connecting to you.
- Regular long distance callers will hear the announcement the first time they call and then the service ‘learns’ that they are an accepted caller.
- Callers from within the Paul Bunyan Communications exchange will not hear the announcement.
How to Use Telemarketer Call Screening
If you decide you don’t want a particular number to call you again, local or long distance:
- dial *95, then:
- Press 0 to add the last caller to your blocked list.
The caller will then hear: “The number you have reached does not accept calls from the telephone number you are calling from.”
- Press 1 to add a # to your blocked list.
- Press 2 to remove a # from your blocked list.
- Press 3 to remove all #’s from your blocked list.
- Press 4 to add a number to your known list.
- Press 6 to turn service on
- Press 7 to turn service off
Extra service charges may apply if added after initial hook-up.